Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Happy Autumn!

Joy and happy thoughts to you all! I just finished my newest painting and I'm pleased as punch about it now that it is done.

It was hard going for a while though. I went a bit wild and crazy with the leaves and covered up way too much of the dog. So I took the canvas to the sink and used a scrubby pad to remove the offending leaves.Then I had to repaint in the dog and the leaves.

The whole painting was so much better after washing it off and repainting, crazy I know! It is funny to realize that when things are not going the right direction that you can back up and start over! But the key is to never give up. It usually ends up as a learning experience even if the final painting isn't quite what you anticipated.

Remember to do something creative every day!
Cheers!
Stephanie

No comments: