Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Painting on Leaves

After viewing a live class by Cinnamon Cooney on painting Pumpkins on Leaves I wanted to try it out. I decided that I wanted to have leaves that would last longer so I grabbed a few real leaves and traced them on to brown kraft paper, cut them out. Then I coated them with a Fluid Mat Medium to seal the paper to make it ready for painting on with acrylic paints.



I have now finished 3 different ones. 2 were based on art from the online classes:








The 3 Pumpkins Leaf


The Cardinal and the Snowman.




The Third leaf was done from a photograph I found on Paint My Photo. A free photo resource for artists.

To say that I'm having a blast would be an understatement! I am totally enjoying myself and am looking forward to finding new subjects to paint on a leaf!

I hope you are getting out and doing something creative!
Please leave a comment and let me know you were here. I really do appreciate it. :)

No comments: