Monday, March 28, 2016

Realtime Tutorial Doodle Zen gems, Episode 2: Opal Gem Flower

Welcome to Episode 2 in my Doodle Gem, Zen Gem, Zentangle Gem Tutorial, How to draw Series.

In this episode we are exploring Opals. I use an image of an Opal from the Lightning Ridge Opal Mine in Australia as my inspiration. Just Google Search to find an opal that you like!

We start with a fun doodle flower and that is inked with a Pigma Micron 01 Pen on Neenah 110 lb bright white cardstock paper. 

The color in this project was all done with Crayola Color Pencils. Yes, really! I Show you step by step what I did to make this Gem! Coloring, blending, shading. I do share what I'm thinking about the drawing and the pencils as I go through the process. Then I speed color the doodle. The whole project took about 1 hour.

I hope you enjoy the process and share what you are doing! All my social media is listed below. Just tag me so I can find them!

Crayola Color Pencils Colors:
Slate Gray, Light Blue, Maroon, Navy Blue, Orange, Mango Orange, Lemon Yellow, Orchid Purple, Yellow Green, Magenta

Prismacolor:
White

Signo Uniball White ink pen

Sakura Pigma Micron Pen 01

Find me at:
Instagram: @deliberately_creative

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sbergeron00/

Google+: +Deliberately Creative -Stephanie Bergeron

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/15248... Please join our creative discussion! Join our group!

Blog: http://deliberatelycreative.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Charlene Mitchell said...

Hi Stephanie. I decided to try my hand at zengems or doodle gems tonight. I was working from memory from a video I had seen but it was missing something. I then (re)discovered your YouTube videos! What fun! I am in the middle of #5. You have created some beautiful and unique stones with gorgeous settings and I'm loving the videos - thank you so much for sharing!
Would you consider making a video for fairy quartz? I'm specifically interested in the ones that look almost "hairy" and more clear as opposed to a darker colour
Thanks for considering my request. I look forward to watching the next few you have already made. I will post a link to at least one of your videos as I think many people will learn a lot from yo .
Thanks, Charlene

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.