Friday, July 14, 2017

Fluid Acrylic Pour and Dip Painting is Oddly Satisfying Paint Recipes in...

What can I say? Fluid Acrylic Pour and Dip Painting - It is mesmerizing, relaxing, oddly satisfying and so much fun to dip card stock into puddles of paint and pull up beautiful unexpected imagery. I love the variety of a garden and the wonderful possibilities that they hold!  Then to have the paint skin on a clear piece of hard plastic that had a doodled flower design on it just adds to the creative possibilities!


There's even a mishap that totally came out of left field for me and I show you how I recovered from that too! We can't always have things go smoothly. Sometimes I just have to share those crazy things that happen. :)

Materials:
Clear plastic from a picture frame cut to 5x6 inches-- 

I Doodled  a sweet little garden using a Sharpie Permanent Marking Pen. The intention was to have it end up like a faux stained glass translucent sun catcher. I think I succeeded too. :)

Cut pieces of 80 lb colored card stock 3"x3.75"

Paints and their Recipes (No Water, No Silicon)

Golden Fluid Acrylic Primary Cyan 20 drops in to cup with 20 grams of Liquitex Pouring Medium

Apple Barrel - Caterpillar Green, Pumpkin Orange 2 grams Paint and Liquitex Pouring Medium 20 grams.

Pebeo Studio Acrylic Iridescent Red/Orange, Red/Blue 5 grams Paint mixed with Liquitex Pouring Medium 20 grams.

Pebeo Studio Acrylic Iridescent Green/Blue 5 grams paint mixed with 20 grams Floetrol for Latex paint.

Artist Loft Flow White 5 grams paint mixed with 20 grams Floetrol for Latex Paint.

Decoart Crafter's Acrylic Grape Taffy 10 grams mixed with Golden GAC-800 (Golden's version of Pouring Medium) 30 grams

There's no silicon oil or torching in my projects as I am concerned about the longevity of the art work and about the possible long term side effects of burning the acrylic paints and any additives that the materials they are made from. 

We all have to weigh the pros and cons of how we interact with our art supplies. Experimenting can be exciting and beautiful but there can be consequences we don't know about yet. As with any thing in life be informed by reputable sources and your own common sense. :) 

I have a creative spirit that loves to explore and experiment with all kinds of Arts and Craft! I hope you have fun while you join me on my creative adventures! 

Make sure you have clicked that Subscribe button and the Bell so you will be notified when new videos go up! Fun things are planned and I hope you will be a part of them!

The most important things you need to be successful with any of my creative projects are the willingness to learn and to be easy on yourself as you are learning. We tend to be our worst critics and we need to learn to be kind to ourselves. 

I love the community that we are building here. We are caring and supportive of all levels of crafters, makers and Artists. 

We have a great group on Facebook Come and join us!

Music: Http://purple-planet.com

"Groundwork" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b...

Find me at:
Instagram: @deliberately_creative
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sbergeron00/
Google+: +Deliberately Creative -Stephanie Bergeron
Facebook: Deliberately Creative Https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524859274500385/ Please join our creative discussion! Join our group!
Blog: http://deliberatelycreative.blogspot.com
#CACmember

Copyright info: Videos produced by Stephanie Bergeron (Deliberately Creative Sbergeron00) are intended for private use only. Please contact me for commercial/retail use licensing information. Feel free to embed the videos as is, but please do not alter, remove watermarks, re-upload or otherwise change the original video. Thank you.

No comments: