Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New pillowcases for a new bedroom!

Just a quick note from me to you. I haven't taken any photos of the updated bedroom yet but I have finished 2 new embroidered pillowcases and I do have a photo of them. :)

The designs are from Doodle Stitching motifs by Aimee Ray. I had a blast doing these and my husband is pretty impressed with them too. All of the flosses that I used were of the variegated kind so I could just thread up the needle and start stitching.

I'm looking forward to playing around with more of the designs from this book. I have a couple handkerchiefs that need something special so I can give them as gifts. I think those will be my next projects.

I hope you are having a great Summer and taking time to do something creative!
Cheers!

SB

4 comments:

bohemiannie! art said...

they're BEAUtiful!

Cowgirl Red said...

Very special! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I love the doodles. I am intrigued with taking the doodles and transferring the design onto a quilt or pillow. Terah

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hi Stephanie, Hope all is well now that you're well and truly back into the school year. These pillowcases are lovely!
Janice.

EphemeralMe said...

Love your work on the pillowcases.