Friday, February 24, 2012

Amazing Bread!

I love this bread--Shhhh---Don't tell my husband.
I made this bread from a wonderful recipe by the  lovely Nichole Hunn of Gluten Free on a Shoestring. She is a wonderful writer and so much fun to visit on her site! I have enjoyed every recipe that I have ever made from her cookbook--Gluten Free on a Shoestring.

So this is made using a Water Roux- a mixture of gluten free flour and water that is heated to a thick slurry. This is a magic mixture that makes the bread so lovely, fluffy, moist and tasty. I did brush the top with melted butter for a bit of softening on the top crust and it just looks pretty too. :)

I'll be posting so crochet projects that I have done this past week. Stay tuned!

Remember to get out an do something creative!


Timaree said...

It looks good. Does it taste like real bread?

Stephanie said...

Yes, it does taste like real bread! Soft, Fluffy with a lovely crumb and crust. I had a lovely chicken salad sandwich for dinner and a piece of bread with sweet cream butter. Ummmm yummmm.

Karen Smithey said...

Okay, I'm officially inspired. I may just have to try this!