Thursday, June 2, 2016

Doodle Gems Episode 10 How to draw Turquoise



By Popular request here's my how to draw turquoise doodle gems video!

I hope you enjoy the show.



I really appreciate it when folks let me know they were here. Please leave me a comment and tell me your favorite stone or gem. You never know when it will be on my Doodle Gems Series!

Turquoise stones come in such an amazing variety of colors--you'll find one you love just by doing a Google Image Search for Turquoise Stones.

The first drawing that I show of the Turquoise was done using Micador Color Rush pencils from Australia (not available in the US as far as I can tell)  I won them in a drawing from Peta Hewitt La-Artistino -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC319W9__DFTzcLYSyPBGlTw

Peta is an amazing colorist and I have been learning lots about color pencil coloring from her many videos!

The gem  drawn in this video is done with Prismacolor Color pencils, Sakura Pigma Micron 01 and a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen. The Paper I'm drawing on is Neenah White 110 lb card stock, with a nice smooth surface.

In the Video I show a color Swatch Card that I made with BOTH Prismacolor and Crayola Pencils.

Here's the list of both kinds of pencils. I hope you find this helpful!

Prismacolors:

PC 938 White
PC 910 True Green
PC 912 Apple Green
PC 905 Aquamarine
PC 903 True Blue
PC 1027 Peacock Blue
PC 904 Light Cerulean Blue
PC 916 Canary Yellow
PC 945 Sienna Brown
PC 937 Tuscan Red
PC 914 Cream
PC 918 Orange
PC  901 Indigo Blue

CRAYOLA:

Green Blue
Lime Green
Yellow Green
Jade Green
Aqua Green
Turquoise
Cerulean Blue
Golden Yellow
Brown
Mahogany
Yellow Orange
White
Navy Blue

You can Find me on:

Instagram: @deliberately_creative

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sbergeron00/

Google+:  +Deliberately Creative -Stephanie Bergeron

Facebook: Deliberately Creative Https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524859274500385/ Please join our creative discussion! Join our group!

Blog: http://deliberatelycreative.blogspot.com

No comments: