Monday, October 31, 2016

Easy How to Draw a Raven with Fantasy Doodle Gems ep 32

t's time for a more detailed doodle in about an hour you can have a wonderful piece of hand drawn art! Episode 32 of Doodle Gems has  some lovely fantasy gems and a doodled bird inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven.


Get ready to relax and enjoy the process of putting pen to paper.I


You can use these same steps for any creature or thing! Draw or trace your outline and then break it into smaller areas to fill with your doodle patterns. It really is that simple. 

But oh my! how detailed it looks at the end. I hope you will surprise yourself. :) 

Materials: (I buy all my materials at this time)
Traceable of this raven can be found on my Pinterest Traceable Board. https://www.pinterest.com/sbergeron00/deliberately-creative-traceables-and-patterns/

Smooth Cardstock-I used Neenah Solar White 110lb 
White Gel Ink pen or white acrylic paint for highlights- I used Uniball Signo UM-153
Black ink pen for the Doodle- I used Pigma Micron Black Ink 05
For the Gems I used Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Light Cerulean Blue, Indigo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Carmine Red, Scarlet red, Crimson, White and a Colorless Blender.

Don't have Prismacolors? Not a problem!! You really can use any colored pencils for this  try to have 3 pencils a light, medium and dark in the reds and light, medium and dark of the blues and a good white that you can use as your blender.

The most important things you need to be successful with any of my doodle gems projects are the willingness to learn and to be easy on yourself as you are learning. We tend to be our worst critics and we need to learn to be kind to ourselves. 

No comments: