Friday, July 24, 2009

Now for something new...for me at least


Now for something new...for me at least
Originally uploaded by sbergeron00

Earlier today I saw a lovely water lotus painting the Happy Painter did. I followed the link she included in her post and found the photo!

So, I tried my hand at a mostly watercolour with a touch of fine black pen. It has been a few years since I did actual water color paints versus the Derwent WC pencils I started using last summer.

It is VERY small! only 2.5 wide by 3.5 tall. it was done on 120 lb bristol board. I'm actually sorta happy with it too.

Any suggestions beyond the obvious that I need to pull out the 'good' watercolour paper even when practicing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking and any for comments you leave. :)
cheers!
SB

No comments: