Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summertime flutterby! ATC #1


Summertime flutterby! ATC #1
Originally uploaded by sbergeron00

My Husband is now on vacation for a few days and it is going to be really hot out (Okay for some of you 85-100 degrees isn't that hot) So, we are going to the Washington coast for a day.

This day trip is really to try out the new car that we just bought last Sunday--and 2010 Kia Soul in Bright Silver. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary in September and we decided to gt something we both could use. :) It will be his day to day use car but I get the benefit of it on our drives and trips together.

This drawing that I have to share today is #1 in a new series lucky Butterfly doodles. ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5, drawn with a Copic Multiliner Pen on a bristol board like paper.

Butterflies are symbols of good luck in China. They represent the energy of love and a happy social life.

I think that the luck of the butterflies has been with my husband and I for the past 25 years.

Here's to a life as blessed as my grand parents, they were married 73 years, and it just so happens that the butterfly is one of my grandmother's favorite things. Hummm coincidence...?

cheers!
SB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! You are very creative and very talented. Excellent work!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I can see that I have a long way to go with my zentangle-esque. Thank YOU for the inspiration - and for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment on my latest atc's! *smiles*

Good luck on finishing up that new project. Glad you joined CED. I've been a member for a couple of years now, and have found it to be a great reminder.