Monday, July 19, 2010

Drawing Lab week 3! Picasso dogs and more...


Oh my goodness!


I'm in love with the Picasso Dogs exercise in the Drawing Lab book by Carla Sonheim.

So fun, full of whimsy and you can't do them wrong!! What's not to love about that??

I drew these up and then scanned in to the computer to do the coloring. I didn't want to mess up the originals yet. :)

I know that many times I'll do a pen and ink that I love and ruin it when I add color. Doing it this way I get to play with lots of different color options and the original is still waiting for the final color choice. Are you a person who can go right to the colors and get it right the first time? If so, I bow down to you and your skills!  If not, using the computer to help may give you more confidence when you are ready to commit to your final colors on the originals. :)

I hope this helps!
Cheers and remember to get out and do something creative!

SB

19 comments:

She Who Doodles said...

very whimsical. great idea using the copier.

nanke's stuff said...

So cute! Coloring them on the computer first is a wonderful idea! nancy

Rita said...

OMGosh! Crazy, goofy dogs! You gave me a good chuckle today. Keep smiling! :)

Marilyn Harris Mills aka Maer said...

what a great imagination you have with these :)

EVA said...

What fun!!

I must learn to e-colour! You did a great job with these!

Timaree said...

You did a really great job on these. I'll have to remember that photoshop trick if I can figure it out once I get there.

teri said...

I love these too!!! I'm going to frame mine and let people imagine I'm terribly creative.

Stephanie said...

The trick in coloring these in Photoshop is making sure that the sections are really joined to each other and then use the paint bucket to fill. I did the cross hatching shadows before I scanned in to the computer. I hope that helps! :) sb

Emily said...

I love these crazy Picasso dogs! Also...enjoying the other stuff here. The eyes! Wow. The fishy doodle! (My goodness, you call that a doodle? It's gorgeous!!)

Monkey Mind said...

Those are great! I'll be working on that lab next and you have inspired me to start it as soon as I get home. Yay for Drawing Lab!

Hybrid J said...

What fun! I'm still waiting for my copy of Drawing Lab to arrive so I could get into the fun game as well.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful work! ;D

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What fun! Great idea to use the computer for the colouring.

Julie said...

I love these!

Amy said...

Love these funky little creatures!!!! Wonderful!

b said...

These are aweSOME!! Really! I haven't tried this lab yet, but can't wait to give it a try. If mine turn out half as good as this I'll be pleased. Thanks again for leading me to the workshop. B.

Unknown said...

what fun drawings! they are so cute. Kristen ~ CED

Stephanie said...

YOu all are so sweet! Thanks for the comments and remember to keep on doing creative stuff! It's good for you. :)

henniemavis said...

Drawing Lab sounds really interesting & fun... I may have to look into it! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it. (CED comrade)

Unknown said...

Very nice. I think I'd enjoy your class too.