Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Drawing Lab Week two--People...

Hi all,

This week in the Drawing Lab Workshop in the Artists of the Roundtable group in groups.Yahoo.com we are working on people.

HUm...not my strongest subject so that makes this a good, challenging week artistically. I have done 2 of the exercises, wrong handed portrait and coffee shop drawings, --mostly as blind contours (not looking at the drawing while the pen is moving). I even added water color pencil to one that I especially liked. It has problems with proportion but you can feel that there was a real person that the drawing was based on.

I included some of the stuff that was around this person to give a sense of place.

What do you think?

Did I do okay??

Have you ever done this kind of exercise?

I hope you are enjoying your Summer and spending time being creative!

Cheers,
SB

4 comments:

Hybrid J said...

I think you're doing just fine. And if your drawing has proportion problem, then I bet mine is just all over the place.

It seem like everyone is doing the "Drawing Lab". Must be a very inspiring book. I'm waiting for mine to come in.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. ;)

EVA said...

You did more than okay! And it looks like you had fun too!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

I LOVE your watercoloured drawing! I don't see a problem with the proportions, and the way you've shaded her top with the pale blue is great. The sketch of the man's face is good too. I think you have a definite quirky style, and I really like it.
As for have I ever done these kinds of exercises myself ... No! Drawing is definitely not one of my talents! But you - yes! Hope you keep on enjoying the Drawing Lab Workshop.
Janice.

Timaree said...

Doing okay? You are doing great!