Monday, September 14, 2015

Koi pond on a tiny canvas

Here we go! My husband sort of challenged me with asking about painting on a tiny canvas. I told him painting tiny is just as hard as painting big and will take almost the same amount of time if you are doing detail.

So I picked up a couple 4x4 inch canvases and I was inspired by Cinnamon Cooney a fantastic artist who has been so generous posting acrylic painting tutorials on Youtube for free!

One of the things I love about acrylic is that it drys really fast. But I also hate that it dries so fast! Especially when it is a tiny canvas and there isn't as much paint on it to stay wet any time at all. Didn't help that it was 93 degrees today.

Hope you have a great day and remember to do something creative!
SB

1 comment:

Kat W said...

You've managed to include lots of beautiful detail in this small space - its beautiful! I shall have to check out Cinnamon Cooney's tutorials, thanks for sharing the link :-)
Kat x