Friday, September 11, 2015

What did the Fox say?


Here's my newest painting- I'll even show you the 2 versions. Yeah two versions. So I was following along with  and her How to Paint an Fox  painting class on Youtube and be bopped along and got it done. 

The next morning I looked at it and decided that I had made the space above the eyes and below the ears too short and took action that evening. 

I could have stopped at the first one but I knew I'd never hang it on the wall. By reworking it and following my inner sense of what needed to be done for this painting I ended up with a painting that actually looks finished to my eye and  I'm pretty darn proud of it now. :) 

Thanks for looking!
Remember to Do Something Creative today!

3 comments:

Özge Başağaç said...

I think it has really paid off to keep on drawing and changing the first painting. Practice makes everything much better.A cute fox.

Unknown said...

Wow - what a difference. The second one is sooooooooo much more intriguing and lovely. The fur is so much more perfect and the eyes also seem different - more gentle somehow. What a FABULOUS painting. Yes - definitely wall worthy - for sure!! j.

Kat W said...

Wow - you should be proud! That is an amazing skillful painting & the fox's character seems to come alive. Beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog, I've left you a reply. Always great to meet fellow CED folk :-)
Kat x