Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday show and tell August 10


watercolor pen and ink Fun time.
Originally uploaded by sbergeron00

Woohoo! Olympics are awesome! I hope that those who are interested have the opportunity to watch some of the games and maybe even create a piece of art or two at the same time.

While watching several different events I had to be doing something too. I pulled out a photo of some trees and a path through the trees and started working on this little painting.

It was done with the Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils. I'm learning how these pencils make their marks and some thinkgs got away from me a bit and I had to go back in and lighten up the path in the back by coloring in with a white gel pen, letting it dry and then coloring with my lighter wc pencils. It was an expirement that actually worked! The bunny was added because I felt that the painting was a bit flat and needed a bit of life.

What do you think?

8 comments:

Bonny said...

Hi Stephanie;

I have to say your painting is beautiful!! It reminds of walks in the woods when I was little with my Mom in Germany. We used to see lots of rabbits...and deer. Your painting brought back some cherished memories. Thank you for the walk down memory lane... literally!!!

Bonny in BC

Ann said...

This is a great drawing! That's interesting how you used the gel pen - I'll have to remember that.

Timaree said...

It looks great. I love the little bit of blue sky and the rabbit entering the picture. I kept looking for the tortoise but he must have still been behind!

Deborah said...

This is very rich. I like the addition of the little rabbit. Very lively.

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice! There's always a great light in your drawings!

Unknown said...

It such a lovely painting. It looks like it is straight out of a storybook that I would read to my babies. Great Work! And way to use your time constructively.

R K said...

This looks like a wood-cut print. Neat.

MD said...

Love it. So vivid and energetic and illustrative. Nice work.