Saturday, August 30, 2008

Walk through the woods in my imagination


Walk through the woods in my imagination
Originally uploaded by sbergeron00

After a week of work and trying to get my school ready for the kids I didn't have any energy to be especially creative at home. Today was really fun. I drew up this image and finished it all in about an hour.

My imaginary woods done in Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils on 140# watercolor paper.

I'm still learning how to use these pencils. I'm happy with the composition, I am not sure how to work this though and not turn it to mud. hum...any suggestions??

Have a great Labor Day Weekend! SB

5 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice and peaceful! Works vey well with the birds singing I am actually hearing! I'll be back to school tomorrow...

BARBARA WEEKS said...

Nicely done! I like the vibrant color you got with the watercolor pencils. I really struggle with that.

Timaree said...

It looks like a safe, peaceful spot in the woods. Ejoyed looking at it.

FRANKYE said...

I would love to have a little seat under that tree on the right of your painting. I like your composition and particularly the perspective of the right hand tree. Colors are lively and soft at the same time and the clean edges seem to add a brightness to the "place."

June said...

If by "work this" you mean with water, I don't think it needs it. It looks finished to me. And very sweet!