Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Deliberately Creative is born!

Welcome to the first post of this blog.
I hope to use it as a way to document my journey toward a more creative life.

I love the idea of a blog. I know that I can be funny, I know I can be sweet, I know I can be entertaining. But Can I do it in a digital manner? Will it come across with out my voice and silly expressions?


I'll be posting on a semi-regular basis. I figure if I don't promise to always do it I may actually keep it up to date. :)


Eventually, I will have lots of photos of my creative endevours and maybe a few recipes and tutorials too.


For now I have just joined the Everyday Matters group over on yahoo groups. It is a group of really creative people who have joined together to celebrate the creative life! This group is based on Danny Gregory's book Everyday Matters. I love the idea of the weekly challenge to draw something from your everyday life.


EDM #179
This week's challenge ws to draw an onion.
Here's what I came up with:

It was a challenge for me to do this with just a black pen. I didn't draw it first in pencil. I just jumped in and started drawing with the pen. I don't usually do that. Getting the shading to make it look like and onion was interesting too.

please let m know what you think!

Cheers! see ya next time. SB

1 comment:

Jennifer Jordan said...

I enjoy how you included onion rings. They make me want to go eat onions!! Great job using the pen. I believe pen makes you really observe and commit to your marks. I like the sense of documenting I get when I use it. Thanks for sharing your work!

JEN