Thursday, July 24, 2008

I did it! My own portrait

I actually did a pencil sketch of myself.

I'm working on portraits after several years. This is the first time I have tried to do one of myself. I like most of it but the eyes are really problematic for me. In the photo I'm looking toward the sun and sort of squinting 1 eye more than the other.

(I actually cheated a bit on this as I had a photo that I played with the brightness and contrast, then I printed it out and traced it to get the eyes mouth and nose in the right places.) I want to learn how to see where all the parts go with out any crutches.

I will get better as I practice more. :)

I hope you have a great evening!
cheers, SB

10 comments:

Spinneretta said...

good job :)

Alan said...

Very good....but how do we know it is really you...? :-)signed A very Serious Person

kazumiwannabe said...

Really good! I think - you're the one that can tell, really!

pompatooie said...

This drawing is adorable. Nice sense of fullness of the face.

Andres said...

Nice! Looks like you got it.

purplepaint said...

This is really good! I haven't tried a self portrait for awhile... I always have trouble with the nose and mouth... Marva

Kathleen said...

Portraits can be stressful but I think this is a great one

MaryO said...

You've done a very good job with it. Lovely pencil work on the hair. I can't tell about the likeness of course, but you've captured charming "personality" here!

kazumiwannabe said...

Me again! I sent you an award! It's on my blog if you want to look. Of course feel free to take or ignore it.

Georgina said...

I like this Stephanie.