Friday, July 11, 2008

Now for something completely different!


bluebird teacup flowers embroidery sm 7 11 8
Originally uploaded by sbergeron00

Hi all!
After doing the Winston sketch this morning I decided that I had put off a project as long as I dared. I needed to make an apron for a swap over on Swapbot. I knew that I wanted to do some kind of embriodery on it so I looked on the web for a sweet design. I found this one at http://mytransfers.blogspot.com/search/label/birds Floresita has been making all kinds of neat old transfers available on the web and I just couldn't resist this! this one is a Laura Wheeler Design.

I'll get a photo of the whole apron before I send it off to it's new home.

I have found that I'm certainly a happier person when I have the chance to do my creative thing. What ever that thing is for the day. :)

And since I was doing this fun creative project that took me longer than an hour and I couldn't snack while I was doing it. I really didn't want to get dirty fingers on the apron before it gets to it new home. I ended up not eating enough of my weight watchers points for the day.

Not eating enough is just as bad as eating too much. I'll have to be careful tomorrow to get the right amount and not over eat..

till tomorrow my friends! Cheers! SB

3 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

It's lovely! I agree with you on needing to make something creative daily, I feel totally unbalanced on days when I don't make anything with my hands...

Anonymous said...

It's cute, yes, and it takes me back to when my mother taught me embroidery, but I'm curious, why not one of your original and delightful doodles?

Stephanie said...

The doodles will be coming to my embriodery at some point. I just want to get the basic muscle memory going of the stitching first. Thanks for the kinds words ladies!